Steps to Enter the State-Fish Art Contest:
1. Select a State-Fish from the Official Fish List.
2. Utilize the State-Fish Art Lesson Plan, Books, reputable Internet Sources and the Outdoors (go fishing if you can!) to learn about your selected species.
3. Read through the Rules & Guidelines to be sure your artwork and essay will qualify for the contest.
Optional: Select to enter into a special Award Category.
Optional: Look at Judge’s Wisdom & Inspiration for advice and examples of previous art and essays.
4. Create your State-Fish Art Entry consisting of two parts:
An original HORIZONTAL 9″X12″ (23cmX30cm) ART ILLUSTRATION of ANY STATE-FISH on the “official state-fish list” linked below.
A personally written essay (ONE SIDE OF ONE PAGE) relating to their chosen fish species, its behavior, habitat or conservation issues and/or needs. Essays will be judged but are not required for contestants in grades Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd or from countries other than the USA.
5. Complete a contest Entry Form (AK, GA, MO, NE, TX have separate Entry Forms) and affix the form to the back of the artwork with a clear glue stick. International entries have a separate Entry Form which does not need to be attached to the artwork.
6.Mail your entry to the address listed at the top of your Entry Form before **DEADLINE EXTENDED** April 30th, 2020. *International entries will submitted through e-mail. Please include a scanned image or photo of your Artwork, Essay (optional) and Entry form and send to info@WildlifeForever.org
Winners will be announced at the end of May at StateFishArt.org
Artwork that has placed 1st may be held onto until the fall for display at our State-Fish Art Celebration.