Steps to Enter the State-Fish Art Contest:
1. Select a State-Fish from the Official Fish List.
2. Utilize the State-Fish Art Lesson Plan, Books, reputable Internet Sources and the Outdoors (go fishing if you can!) to learn about your selected species.
3. Read through the Rules & Guidelines to be sure your artwork and essay will qualify for the contest.
Optional: Select to enter into a special Award Category.
Optional: Look at Judge’s Wisdom & Inspiration for advice and examples of previous art and essays.
4. Create your State-Fish Art Entry consisting of two parts:
An original HORIZONTAL 9″X12″ (23cmX30cm) ART ILLUSTRATION of ANY STATE-FISH on the “official state-fish list” linked below.
A personally written essay (ONE SIDE OF ONE PAGE) relating to their chosen fish species, its behavior, habitat or conservation issues and/or needs. Essays will be judged but are not required for contestants in grades Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd or from countries other than the USA.
5. Complete a contest Entry Form (AK, GA, MO, NE, TX have separate Entry Forms) and affix the form to the back of the artwork with a clear glue stick if you plan to mail your entry. International entries have a separate Entry Form. If you do not plan to mail your entry, you do not need to attach your entry form to the artwork.
6.Submit your Entry. You may choose to Mail your entry to the address listed at the top of your Entry Form before **DEADLINE EXTENDED** April 30th, 2020. You may also submit scanned copies or photos of your entry through email to info@WildlifeForever.org.
*All International entries should submitted through e-mail, please include a scanned copy or photo of your Artwork, Essay (optional) and Entry form and send to info@WildlifeForever.org
Winners will be announced on May 29th at StateFishArt.org
Artwork that has placed 1st may be held onto until the fall for display at our State-Fish Art Celebration.