The State-Fish Art Contest and The Fish Migration Award:
New for the 2020 State-Fish Art Contest is an international award category called the Fish Migration Award created in partnership with the World Fish Migration Foundation. This award focuses on the importance of migratory fish and the free-flowing waters they rely on. The Fish Migration Award has a separate set of expectations to best suit the international focus of this award. You may choose to enter:
Steps to Enter the State-Fish Art Contest:
1. Select a State-Fish from the Official Fish List.
2. Utilize the State-Fish Art Lesson Plan, Books, reputable Internet Sources and the Outdoors (go fishing if you can!) to learn about your selected species.
3. Read through the Rules & Guidelines to be sure your artwork and essay will qualify for the contest.
Optional: Select to enter into a special Award Category.
Optional: Look at Judge’s Wisdom & Inspiration for advice and examples of previous art and essays.
4. Create your State-Fish Art Entry consisting of two parts:
An original HORIZONTAL 9″X12″ (23cmX30cm) ART ILLUSTRATION of ANY STATE-FISH on the “official state-fish list” linked below.
A personally written essay (ONE SIDE OF ONE PAGE) relating to their chosen fish species, its behavior, habitat or conservation issues and/or needs. Essays will be judged but are not required for contestants from countries other than the USA.
5. Complete a contest Entry Form (AK, GA, MO, NE, TX have separate Entry Forms) and affix the form to the back of the artwork with a clear glue stick. International entries have a separate Entry Form which does not need to be attached to the artwork.
6.Mail your entry to the address listed at the top of your Entry Form before March 31st. **International entries will submitted through e-mail. Please include a scanned image or photo of your Artwork, Essay (optional) and Entry form and send to info@WildlifeForever.org
Judging occurs on Earth Day (April 22nd) and winners are announced the first Monday of May at StateFishArt.org
Artwork that has placed 1st in its age category and state will be held onto so it can be displayed at the EXPO in August.