The 2022 Contest is now OPEN! Contestants have until March 31st, 2022 to submit their entry.
1. With an adult, review the Rules & Guidelines for the 2022 Contest
2. Select any fish species of your choice.
3. Utilize the Fish On! Lesson Plan, books, and reputable online resources to research your fish species. You may choose to print out the Guided Research Form to keep track of your findings.
4. Create your State-Fish Art Entry consisting of two parts:
An original HORIZONTAL illustration between 8.5″- 9″ tall and 11″- 12″ wide in size featuring a species of your choice.
A personally written essay (one side of one page) relating to your chosen fish species. You may also choose to answer the question “Why do you think it is important to protect our lakes, rivers, estuaries and coastlines?” Essays will be judged and awarded, but are not required, for contestants in Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade or from countries other than the USA.
5. Complete a contest Entry Form. Be sure to choose the Entry Form for your state, if applicable.
6. Submit your Entry.
- Option 1 : Complete either an online entry or print out a physical entry form. Once completed, mail your entry to the address listed at the top of your Entry Form before March 31st, 2022.
- Option 2: Complete and submit your artwork online. **All international students should be submitting their artwork digitally**
Winners will be announced at the beginning of May 2022.
Prizes will be sent by mail after winners are announced.