The 2021 Contest is now closed. Winners will be announced May 7th, 2021.
Updated information for the 2022 Fish Art Contest is coming soon.
1. With an adult, review the Rules & Guidelines for the 2021 Contest
2. Select any species from the Official Fish List.
3. Utilize the Fish On! Lesson Plan, books, and reputable online resources to research your fish species. You may choose to print out the Guided Research Form to keep track of your findings.
4. Create your State-Fish Art Entry consisting of two parts:
An original HORIZONTAL illustration between 8.5″- 9″ tall and 11″- 12″ wide in size featuring a species from the Official Fish List.
A personally written essay (one side of one page) relating to your chosen fish species. You may also choose to answer the question “Why do you think it is important to protect our lakes, rivers, estuaries and coastlines?” Essays will be judged and awarded, but are not required, for contestants in Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade or from countries other than the USA.
5. Complete a contest Entry Form. Be sure to choose the Entry Form for your state, if applicable.
6. Submit your Entry.
- Option 1 (Preferred): Mail your entry to the address listed at the top of your Entry Form before March 31st, 2021.
- Option 2: Email scanned copies or photos of your entry to FishArt@WildlifeForever.org. **All International entries should submitted through e-mail
Winners will be announced at the beginning of May, 2021.
Prizes will be sent by mail after winners are announced.