Created by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) to celebrate fish species native to Florida’s inland and marine waters.
Two winners per grade category will be selected, one for illustrating the best freshwater fish species and one for the best saltwater fish species.
• An original 2D illustration using traditional medium, digital artwork will not be accepted this year. Exact copies of a photo or other artists work will be disqualified.
• The artist must reside in Florida.
• The art must include one or more of the following Florida native species from the same category:
o Category 1 – Freshwater: Largemouth Bass, Striped Bass, Black Crappie, Bluegill, Redear Sunfish, Spotted Sunfish, Channel Catfish, Florida Gar, Chain Pickerel, Bowfin
o Category 2 – Saltwater: Snook, Redfish, Spotted Seatrout, Flounder, Tarpon, Mahi-Mahi, Spanish Mackerel, Hogfish, Queen Snapper, Black Grouper
• First-place winners in the 10-12 grade bracket will receive 10 t-shirts printed with their artwork to give to family and friends from our partner The Florida Nomad and the shirts will also be available for sale on their website.
• The two first-place winners from each grade bracket, from each category will have their artwork displayed in FWC’s freshwater or saltwater regulations guide.
• All first-place winners will have their artwork displayed at the FWC headquarters in Tallahassee.
One lucky artist may be selected from the winners and runners-up, from any grade bracket, to have their artwork available as a hard card fishing license selection. Hard cards are available to purchase, at an additional fee, to anyone who obtains or already holds a fishing or hunting license from the Go Outdoors Florida licensing system. A hard card is a collectible, credit-card style document that is an alternative to an electronic or paper license. The selected artist will NOT be sent a complimentary license or hard card.