Stop Aquatic Hitchhikers! Task Force Created
Invaders Targeted by National Stop Aquatic Hitchhikers! Advisory Task Force
Brooklyn Center, MN- A newly formed Stop Aquatic Hitchhikers!® Advisory Task Force has been appointed to help stop the spread of harmful invasive species. The eight member panel of experts selected from the boating and fishing industry to state and federal government agencies will focus on critical development of outreach to recreational users. Input from the Panel will help promote consistent campaign marketing, branding and increased use of SAH! throughout the outdoor community.
Inaugural Task Force members include:
- Kurt Beckstrom: Editor of North American Fishing Club; Scout Media
- Kim Bogenschutz: Aquatic Invasive Species Program Leader; Iowa DNR
- Pat Conzemius: Conservation Director; Wildlife Forever
- Joanne Grady: Invasive Species Coordinator; U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Douglas Jensen: Aquatic Invasive Species Program Coordinator; Minnesota Sea Grant
- Pat Neu: Executive Director; National Professional Angler Association
- John Rothlisberger: Aquatic Ecologist; USDA Forest Service
- Susan Shingledecker: Vice President; Boat US Foundation
“Each member of this group represents a critical audience needed to help protect our resources from invasive species”, said Pat Conzemius of Wildlife Forever.
Outdoor recreational users represent the largest group of concerned citizens with a successful track record of rising to meet challenges of conserving the nation’s natural resources. The Stop Aquatic Hitchhikers! campaign was designed to empower outdoor audiences to Clean-Drain-Dry to prevent the spread of invasive species.