| contest rules | | | |
ARTWORK ~ longear sunfish, Destiny M., Utah Grade 7-9
2016 Rules & Guidelines
for the STATE-FISH ART Contest
►►9"x12" HORIZONTAL IS THE STANDARD ENTRY SIZE ◄◄
"Every year, there are one or two very
hey, their teachers or their parents did not follow
our simple requirements.
The unfortunate result is disqualification by
the judges...very, very sad indeed."
~ Karen R. Hollingsworth, Manager, STATE-FISH ART
The STATE-FISH ART Contest is open worldwide to all children in grades K -12 in any public, private or home-school, any youth group, after-school program, youth camp, scout troop, art class, etc., or just an individual kid that wants to enter!
Essentially any child of K-12 age is eligible as long as a responsible adult reads, agrees to and signs their entry form. Only one
entry per child will be accepted.
The following is only a BRIEF OVERVIEW
THE ARTWORK must depict ANY officially designated state-fish or Ontario, Canada designated fish. The fish must be depicted in its natural habitat.
artwork should be the student's ORIGINAL, hand-done creation. Photographs
and computer-generated artwork will not be accepted.
artwork should be horizontal, 9"x12" without a mat, frame or border. Almost any art medium is allowed. Check the Rules & Guidelines for a partial list.
- Artwork should not exceed 1/4 inch in total thickness.
- Artwork should not have the artist’s signature, initials or name on front. Any artwork with such identifying characteristics will be disqualified
and eliminated from the competition.
- Use a CLEAR GLUE STICK to affix your completed entry form to the back of the artwork. PLEASE ... DO NOT STAPLE, PAPER CLIP OR TAPE....it damages the artwork!
THE WRITING may be an essay, story, poem or other creative form
- It should be no longer than one side of one page
- It should be in the student's own words and relate specifically to their chosen state-fish, its habitat, behavior, or efforts to
- We are looking for a personal understanding or connection to their State-Fish...not information copied or cut & pasted from their research reference.
- The essay must include the student's
name, grade and state on the back.
- Submit the essay with the artwork but PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH IT as it is judged separately. We will match the two up ... Thank you!
VIEW THE REST OF THE REQUIREMENTS
DOWNLOAD YOUR CORRECT ENTRY FORM
QUESTIONS? JUST ASK !